Town of Ceredo, WV

700 B Street Ceredo, WV 25507   Phone: 304-453-1041 Hours: 8am - 4pm | Mon.-Fri.


Q. I received a ticket. Now what do I do?

Citizens who have received either a parking or moving violation, should contact the Ceredo Municipal Court 304- 453-1411, if they have any further questions or need to make payment arrangements. If you have been ticketed for a moving violation, the Officer will set up a court date which can be found at the bottom of the citation. Appearance in court on that day is mandatory. Failure to appear may result in your license being suspended.

Q. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

The records office at the Ceredo Police Department is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week including holidays. You can obtain a copy of your police report as long as you are the complainant or victim. There is a twenty (20) dollar fee for each report. If you want a copy of an accident report, there is a three (3) business day waiting period from the time it was written until it will be available to you.

Q. My car was towed. What do I need to do?

Depending on the reason your vehicle was towed there are several answers.  If your vehicle was towed for unpaid citations or for storing a vehicle on a city roadway, you will need to take care of the citations at the Ceredo Municipal Court. If your vehicle was towed for improper registration or no insurance, you will need to get insurance, and the correct registration before it will be released. Once any citations and/or the proper papers have been obtained, you will need to bring proof of ownership and picture identification to the Police Department. The vehicle will only be released to the registered owner. If the registered owner is not able to retrieve the vehicle, he/she can write a notarized letter, including his/her Name, Date of Birth, and Address giving permission for another person to pick up the car.

Q. How can I obtain a background check?

Background checks are available at the Ceredo Police Department. It is a local check of any records that are found in our data base. You must sign a release provided by the police department, and present a form of official state issued photo identification. You may also have a signed release notarized giving permission for another individual to obtain the information. There is a $10.00 fee charged for this service.

Q. I have information about a crime I believe has occurred or I know the whereabouts of someone wanted for a crime. What should I do?

For any crime in progress, call 911. It is helpful if you first provide an exact location, then details of the crime including, if possible, a description of suspects and victims involved. If you have information about a violent felony crime or know the whereabouts of someone wanted for a crime, you are encouraged to call 911. 

Q. How do I check the status of a case?

Call the Police Department and ask to speak to the assigned patrol officer or ask to speak to the records clerk.

Q.  Do I have to report an accident?

State law requires that any accident resulting in Injury, Death or damage to an apparent extent of $500 or more must be reported to the police.  If a minor accident occurs on private property the responding officer will provide an accident exchange form to be completed by the parties involved. 

Q. I think I have a warrant for my arrest obtained from the Ceredo Police Department. How do I find out if I do or not?

You may contact the Ceredo Police Department Records Unit at 304-453-1411. After providing a full name, date of birth and social security number, the clerk will search the records for you.

Q. Do arrest or bench warrants expire?

Ceredo Court Capias’s of arrest, which includes bench warrants, have no expiration date: they are cleared only when abated by death or when a defendant appears before a judge in the court that issued the warrant.

Q. I think I may be the victim of fraud or a con game. What should I do?

If you suspect a fraud or a scam that has occurred in Ceredo, do not be embarrassed to call the Ceredo Police Department at 304-453-1411.